Bifold, patio and French doors, what’s the difference?
When it comes to choosing the right type of door for your home, the most popular are bifold, patio, and french doors. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at each of these door types to help you make an informed decision on which one to choose for your home.
Let’s start with bifolding doors:
- Can be installed without a bottom frame, so no tripping hazards!
- Create a large open space between indoor and outdoor living areas
- Consist of multiple panels that fold in on themselves when opened
- Manufactured in a choice of materials including, aluminium, composite, timber and UPVC
- Also known as French patio doors
- Often made of glass, which allows for plenty of natural light to enter the home
- Consist of one or two large panels that usually slide open horizontally to create a wide opening
- The same as bifold doors in the fact that they are manufactured in a choice of materials – aluminium, composite, timber & UPVC
- They consist of two doors, hinged so that they open outwards from the centre